BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD candidate, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, DET, MIET, MIEEE, MIEEE EMBS, MIEEE CS
Researcher in Computer Systems Engineering & Human Computer Interaction
Brunel University London
College of Engineering Design and Physical Sciences
Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Real-time Video Processing
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Image Processing
- Computer Vision
- Healthcare Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering
- 3D Modeling
- Efficient Routing Protocol
- Intelligent Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Rapid Sorting Algorithms
- Professional Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Professional Member of Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Member of IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society (EMBS)
- Member of IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Society (IMS)
- Member of IEEE Computer Society (CS)
- Member of Cisco Academy
- Member of Microsoft Professionals
- Member of Microsoft App Development Society
- Member of Google App Development Society
- MCP/MCSA/MCSE 2003 certified
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP candidate
- Awarded as the Top Performing Student at LiBT (Brunel University London)
- Developed top grossing apps for the Windows Phone 8 marketplace
- Developed top grossing apps for the Google Android Play Store
- Student representative for the first year of study at Brunel University London
- Top 10 best posters for Brunel ResCon14
- Winner of the Brunel IDEA project 2015
Participated Seminars and Events
- Guest at Microsoft Windows 7 release event in London, UK
- Guest at Microsoft Windows 8 pre-release event for student developers in London, UK
- Guest at Microsoft Windows 8 release event in Reading, UK
- ICT presenter and teacher for EBSI Career Taster Day Programme event at Southborough high school, London, UK in 2013 and 2014
- Psychometric Testing/ Skills 4 Work presenter for EBSI event at Acton High School, London, UK
- Psychometric Testing/ Skills 4 Work presenter for EBSI event at Heston High School, London, UK
- Event coordinator for EBSI Career Taster Day Programme at Featherstone High School, London, UK
- Enterprise Skills presenter for EBSI event at Brentside High School, London, UK
- Guest 7th Annual Student Research Conference (ResCon14), Brunel University London, UK
- Computer System Engineering Project Presenter, Brunel University London, UK
- Contributing author at the 36th Annual International Conference of the IEEE, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Presenter at Brunel’s Three Minute Thesis (3MT©) Competition 2015
- Contributing author at the 7th International IEEE EMBS Neural Engineering Conference, Montpelier, France
- Contributing author at 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Medical Measurements and Applications (MeMeA), Benevento, Italy
- Contributing author at 2017 IEEE International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI), Orlando, FL, USA
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) System Engineering and Human-Computer interaction Year: Expected 2017
- Diploma in Education and Training (DET) at Uxbridge College Year: 2017
- Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI) at Open University Year: 2017
- Award in Education and Training (AET) from City & Guilds Year: 2015
- Master of Science (MSc) Computer Communication Networks at Brunel University Year: 2013
- Bachelor of Science with Hons. (BSc) Computer Science: Network Computing with Professional Development at Brunel University Year: 2009
- Diploma of Information Systems at LiBT West London Year: 2009
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) on Windows XP Professional Year: 2005
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Windows Server 2003 Year: 2006
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows Server 2003 Year: 2006
The following are some example of the technologies that I have excellent proficiency and hands on experience in design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting phases.
Programming Languages: JAVA, Visual Basic .NET, C#, C/C++, ASP .NET, Matlab, WMI scripting and PowerShell
Client Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Linux (Ubuntu/Debian), Mac OSX
Server Operating Systems: Windows server 2003, 2008 R2 / 2012 (Core/Full)
Databases: SQL server, My SQL, MS-Access, File Maker
Hypervisors: Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare and VirtualBox
Application Program: All Microsoft Office products
Infrastructure Services: Exchange server 2010/2013, AD, DNS, DHCP, WINS, IIS, File&Print and RRAS etc.
Spam Filtering Services: Google Postini, Mail Marshal
Networking: WAN (ad hoc/infrastructure), MAN, LAN (Cisco Routers, switches and Firewalls)
Backup Systems: Symantec – Veritas, OBM
Productivity Software: 3D-MAX, MAYA, Blender, Unity, Adobe Premiere, Photo Shop
CMS: Joomla and WordPress
Enterprise Anti-Viruses: Sophos and Trend Micro, etc.
- Cable/Telephone management expert.
- Skilled website’s ranking professional using different Search Engine Optimization (SEO) methods
- Maintaining enterprise level printers (Konica Minolta-Bizhub systems)
Academic & Industrial Work Experience and Employment
- Over 6 years hands on experience at dozen IT and ICT industries in different section of London, UK as an IT consultant, IT system administrator and ICT engineer.
- Examination Lead Invigilator at Brunel University London, UK
- Teaching Assistant at Brunel University London, UK
- College Lecturer in Computing & IT at BTEC Level 3 Extended diploma and HND (Higher National Diploma) levels, London, UK
- Farsi/Persian: Native or bilingual proficiency
- English: Full professional proficiency
- Arabic: Limited working proficiency
- Using Microsoft Kinect to Recognise Postures of Parkinson’s Disease Patients
A Dissertation submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science.
- Simulating Packet Routing in Communication Network
A report submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirement for the degree of Bachelor of Science.
- MPLS Performance Analysis Using OPNET
Team leader & a member of a group project
- Simulating distributed computing using Java
- Software Engineering Methods
Publication & Conference paper
 Amini Maghsoud Bigy, Amin; Banitsas, Konstantinos, “A Prototype System Using Microsoft Kinect to Recognize Freezing of Gait in Parkinson’s Disease Patients,” in International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 2014.
 A. Amini Maghsoud Bigy, “An Unobtrusive System For Detecting Parkinson’s FOG Episodes,” in 7th Annual Student Research Conference (ResCon’14), London, UK, 2014.
 A. Amini Maghsoud Bigy; K. Banitsas; A. Badii; j.Cosmas, “Recognition of Postures and FOG on Parkinson’s Disease Patients Using Microsoft Kinect Sensor,” in International IEEE EMBS Neural Engineering Conference, Montpellier, France, 2015.
 A. Amini; K. Banitsas; j.Cosmas, “A comparison between heuristic and machine learning techniques in fall detection using Kinect v2” in 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Medical Measurements and Applications (MeMeA), Benevento, Italy, 2016.
 A. Amini; K. Banitsas; S. Hosseinzadeh, “A New Technique for Foot-Off and Foot Contact Detection in a Gait Cycle Based on the Knee Joint Angle Using Microsoft Kinect v2” in 2017 IEEE International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI), Orlando, FL, USA, 2017.